English Question time 4



68. My grandmother likes to stay_the town.
(A) on B) in (C) at (D) by

We use in to talk about locations within a larger area:
Answer :in


ഈ ചോദ്യങ്ങൾ ഒന്ന് ചെയ്തു നോക്കൂ

1.I was sitting -------my desk.

2.I know I left my wallet ---------- the table.

3.I know my book is somewhere ----------- this room. Can anyone see it?


1.We use at:
to refer to a position or location which we see as a point:
I was sitting at my desk.

2.We use on:
to refer to a position on any surface:
I know I left my wallet on the table.

3.I know my book is somewhere in this room. Can anyone see it?
We use in to talk about locations within a larger area:

69.The former part of the film is more interesting than the
(A) later(B) latest (C) last(D) latter

Answer Latter

Use later when referring to time. Use latter when referring to the second of two persons or things mentioned previously. For example:

Sasi said that she would call me later.
“There are two kinds of worries: those you can do something about and those you can’t. Don’t spend any time on the latter.”

ഈ ചോദ്യങ്ങൾ ഒന്ന് ചെയ്തു നോക്കൂ

Of the two options offered, I prefer the -------

Let’s have coffee ------in the week.

We have a dog and a cat. Of the two, the ------- makes less noise.

Carrie plans to shop for a dress ------ this afternoon.

Answers

1.Of the two options offered, I prefer the latter

2.Let’s have coffee later in the week.

3.We have a dog and a cat. Of the two, the latter makes less noise.

അഭിപ്രായങ്ങള്‍

ഈ ബ്ലോഗിൽ നിന്നുള്ള ജനപ്രിയ പോസ്റ്റുകള്‍‌

ഗാന്ധി

1857 (ഒന്നാം ഇന്ത്യൻ സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യ സമരം)

ബഹിരാകാശ സഞ്ചാരികൾ