Reported speech part 3


Reported speech part 3
The indirect form of “Do you like comics?” she asked me is
My mother told me----never cry----spilt milk
a)of,on
b)to,over
c)at,at
d)so,upto (sec asst. 2015)
ഇവിടെ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാൻ പ്രയാസം വേണ്ട
ഇത് reported speech ആണല്ലോ .
ഏത് വാചകത്തിന്റെ  repoprted speech ആണ് ?
My mother told me----never cry----spilt milk
Never cry---spilt milk
ഇത്  imperative sentence ആണ് (starts with verb and without subject)
അത് കൊണ്ട്  to ആണ് ചേർക്കേണ്ടത്
(statement-that,imperative statement-to,yes/no question-if/whether)
അതിനാൽ
My mother told me to never cry----spilt milk
ഇനിയുള്ളത്  never  cry over spilt milkഎന്നാണ്  ഇതൊരു ശൈലിയാണ്
(It doesn't do any good to be unhappy about something that has already happened or that can't be helped.)
അത് കൊണ്ട്  answer     to,over

Convert the sentence into indirect speech
“You may leave the room” said the principal
a.                   The principal said  that I might leave the room
b.                  The principal said I may leave the room
c.                   The principal says I might leave the room
d.                  The principal said Icould leave the room (Sub insp 2014)
Option a
Report “is your book on shakespeare” he asked her
a.            He asked her if your book is on shakespeare
b.            He asked her if her book was on shakespeare
c.            He asked her if your book were on shakespeare
d.           He told her if your book is on shakespeare
Option b ആണ് ശരി
Option a യിൽ  aux verb is ആണ്  reporting verb past ആയതിനാൽ  is -was ആകണമായിരുന്നു
Option c യിൽ  aux verb were ആണ്  . subject book singular ആയതിനാൽ  were ശരിയല്ല
Option d യിൽ  aux verb is ആണ്  reporting verb(told) past ആയതിനൽ  is was ആകണമായിരുന്നു
Nick said, “I will start tomorrow”. The sentence can be reported as:
Nick said that
(A) he would start the next day.
(B) he would started the next day.
(C) to start the next day.
(D) None of these

answer (A) he would start the next day. 

അഭിപ്രായങ്ങള്‍

ഈ ബ്ലോഗിൽ നിന്നുള്ള ജനപ്രിയ പോസ്റ്റുകള്‍‌

ഗാന്ധി

1857 (ഒന്നാം ഇന്ത്യൻ സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യ സമരം)

ബഹിരാകാശ സഞ്ചാരികൾ